A Detailed Guide About Australia Student Visa
It is mandatory to have a student visa if a student of the foreign country is willing to pursue an education in Australia. The student must be able to prove to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that they meet the Australian student visa requirements.
Student Visa Requirements In Australia:
- Financial requirements: The student has to give evidence of having sufficient funds so as to cover tuition fee, living and travel costs. In case the student have dependents like spouse and children, a proof is to be given to the authorities that he/she is able to cover their living costs, regardless of whether they are travel with you to Australia or not. The assessment level of the student regulates the level of funds required, who can provide funds and for how long the funds to be held.
- Genuine Student Requirements: The student must show that he/she intends to obtain a valid educational outcome as well as that the student must be well-equipped with the language, educational and material background.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirements: The student visa applicant must be able to give a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia for study purpose either to accompany a student as a dependent or as a guardian.
- English Proficiency Requirement: All students are needed to demonstrate that they have the appropriate English language proficiency for their course. AL 1 and 2 applicants require only meeting the requirements specified by their higher education provider. AL 3 and 4 applicants must prove their English language proficiency.
- Health Requirements: A medical and/or a radiological check-up may be asked to some students so as to demonstrate that they are healthy.
- Character requirements: All students applying for Student’s visa in Australia will also be checked against the character requirements stipulated by Department of Immigration and Border Protection. This check includes a criminal record check. The student may also need to acquire a penal clearance certificate.
Australian student visa documents
The document checklist depends on the type of visa. However, students must submit the following:
- Completed visa application form (157A)
- Visa application fee-Paid
- Certificate of Enrolment
- Copy of biodata page from passport
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Evidence of health insurance cover
- Result of English proficiency test
- Result of Criminal record check
- Recent passport-sized photographs- 4
Time Required For Visa Processing:
The visa processing time differs from student to student. It is dependent on various factors like assessment level, type of visa, etc. Online applications are generally faster. A minimum of four weeks is usually required. The student’s visa last for the duration of the course or studies which include holidays and some time for preparation of departure from Australia.
Using Student Visa in Australia:
The student can arrive in Australia on the visa up to 90 days prior to the start of course.
You can arrive in Australia on your student visa up to 90 days before your course starts. A student visa enables to work for up to 40 hours per fortnight during term time. It also allows working full time in Australia during the holiday period.
The visa is issued with the ‘permission to work’. However, the student is not allowed to work until the course begins. The student must apply for permission to work even in cases of unpaid or voluntary work.
Australian Student Visa has several benefits however it is necessary to have proper guidance and such guidance you can easily avail from YEG Global. So contact them today and discuss all your issues to have complete clarity about visa process.