Wish to study in Australia? Opt for Student Visa

  • Wish to study in Australia? Opt for Student Visa
    6 Oct 2016

    Wish to study in Australia? Opt for Student Visa

    Generally, a student of the foreign country who is willing to pursue his/her education must have a student visa. Many foreign countries have top-notch universities that offer scholarships to the intelligent students to fulfill their dream of having a degree from the respective university.

    For those who want to apply for a student visa, an individual must have secured an unconditional offer of a place at one of the universities. The student must have accepted the offers, that place and must have made the payments of the required tuition fee for the course.

    Types Of Student Visa:

    1. Schools Sector Visa: This category of visa is meant for those international students who wishes to study a full-time school course. The course may be a primary school course or a secondary school course.
    2. Independent ELICOS Sector Visa: In Australia, this visa is meant for those international students who want to stay in the country and study a full-time English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
    3. Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa: Those international students who wish to study a full-time vocational education and training course must opt for this visa.
    4. Higher Education Sector Visa: This visa is meant for those who want to study a full-time higher education course.
    5. Postgraduate Research Sector Visa: This visa allows the student to undergo postgraduate research.
    6. Non-Award Sector Visa: In Australia, this visa is meant for those who wants to study either a non-award foundation studies course or another full-time course that does not lead to an Australian award.
    7. Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector Visa: In Australia, those students who are sponsored by AusAID or Defence must apply for this type of visa to study a full-time course of any type.
    8. Student Guardian Visa: This visa is meant for those international students who wish to stay as the guardian of an international student who is younger than 18 years of age and studying in the country on a student visa.

    Eligibility Criteria for Student Visa:

    To be eligible for a visa to study in foreign country, an international student must have:

    • A valid passport
    • Must have an evidence of being enrolled in an educational program in an authorized educational institution.
    • Student must have an Offer of Place letter or a Confirmation of Enrollment certificate issued by the institution.
    • The international student must give a proof that of having money to pay for tuition fees, and can take up travel and living costs along with return transportation cost.
    • For those who are dependable like a spouse and children, then the eligible student should provide a proof of financial ability to support their living.
    • It is mandatory to have a valid health insurance.
    • Evidence of noncriminal record.

    Duration of Student Visa:

    The student visa will last for the duration of the course of study. The student has to fulfill the attendance criteria set by the educational institute.

    Extension of Student Visa:

    As the student visa is a temporary one issued for a specified period of time, it is possible to extend the visa duration if required. Lodging a new visa application will help the student to extend the duration if the course is not completed, or a new course is to be commenced, etc.

    So,what are you waiting for? Contact YEG Global for getting student visa and fulfilling the dreams along with studying abroad.

Free Consultation